Co-Chair: Michelle Garcia, Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants
Co-Chair: Ayris Scales, Office of Partnerships and Grant Services
The Grants Planning Committee, a standing CJCC committee, supports a citywide approach to improve grant-related processes and procedures that impact public safety agencies and organizations seeking local, federal and foundation resources. The Grants Planning Committee seeks to: 1) improve the number and quality of grant applications submitted to funders; and 2) support the establishment of policies and procedures that will assist agencies seeking and managing local, federal and foundation funding.
OVSJG, OPGS, PSA, CSOSA, EOM, USAO, MPD, DOC, HSEMA, DYRS
2018 Grants Planning Committee Training Series
In 2018, the CJCC’s Grants Planning Committee provided three skill-building trainings for non-profit and government partners. These trainings help prepare our government and non-profit partners to respond to federal and local grant solicitations.
- Building a Budget, Understanding Allowable Expenses and Tying Cost Estimates into Budget Narratives – October 2018, Materials Below
- Responding to DC's FY 2019 Consolidated Justice Grants Request for Applications (RFA) – March 2018, Materials Below
- Preparing A Federal Grant Application: Understanding the Basics – February 2018, Materials Below
2016-2017 Grants Planning Committee Training Series
- Strategic Planning for Grants Success - November 2016, Materials Below
- Establishing Successful Partnerships - Winter 2017
2015-2016 Grant Writing and Management Training Series
- Local, Federal and Foundation Funding: Identifying Relevant Grant Opportunities, Materials Below
- Developing a Strong Application: From Problem Statement to Performance Measurement, Materials Below
- Grants Management: Financial and Programmatic Oversight, Reporting and Compliance, Materials Below