Co-Chair: Lafayette Barnes, Director
Mayor’s Office of Partnerships and
Co-Chair: Michelle Garcia, Acting Director
Office of Victim Services and Justice Grants
The Grants Planning Committee, a standing CJCC committee, supports a citywide approach to improve grant-related processes and procedures that impact public safety agencies and organizations seeking local, federal and foundation resources. The Grants Planning Committee seeks to; 1) improve the number and quality of grant applications submitted to funders and 2) support the establishment of policies and procedures that will assist agencies seeking and managing local, federal and foundation funding.
OVSJG, OPGS, PSA, CSOSA, EOM, USAO, MPD, DOC, HSEMA, DYRS
2016-2017 Grants Planning Committee Training Series
The purpose of this series is to assist our government and non-profit partners with preparing for local and federal FY17 grant solicitations. Trainings in this series will assist attendees with thinking critically about funding opportunities, assessing organizational capacity, understanding the importance of partnerships, and planning a path toward program and organizational funding sustainability.
- Strategic Planning for Grants Success - November 2016, Materials Below
- Establishing Successful Partnerships - Winter 2017
2015-2016 Grant Writing and Management Training Series
The purpose of this series is to support our government and non-profit partners with identifying funding opportunities, writing strong applications and implementing robust fiscal and programmatic grants management practices.
- Local, Federal and Foundation Funding: Identifying Relevant Grant Opportunities, Materials Below
- Developing a Strong Application: From Problem Statement to Performance Measurement, Materials Below
- Grants Management: Financial and Programmatic Oversight, Reporting and Compliance, Materials Below